I was having a dinner party and wanted to make a salad. If you follow my posts, you know I am not great at salads. I’m trying, but can’t quite get it right. This one is close….a little work on the dressing and we may have a winner.
I love Bibb lettuce. I tried to grow in my garden this year, with marginal success (yes, I will try again next year). I also love apples (I am also growing an apple tree). Using Bibb lettuce as the base, I added a sliced apples, handful or two of pecans, 1/2 cup of goat cheese and some fresh made croutons.
For the dressing, I used apple juice, apple cider vinegar, blue agave nectar, olive oil and salt and pepper.
Dressing was a little “appley” (is that a word)….I almost have it….lacking good pictures as I was already enjoying several glasses of wine…
- 1-2 heads of Bibb lettuce -
- 1 apple sliced (I left the peel on)
- 1 cup of toasted pecans
- ½ - 1 cup of of crumbled goat cheese
- ½- 1 cup of apple juice
- 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- couple tablespoons of blue agave nectar
- ¼-1/2 cup of olive oil.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine salad ingredients - set aside.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, start at the low end of measurements and continue to add to taste.
- Serve immediately.