One year ago, I flew to Seattle to pick up the little peanut. We had been looking to rescue a Boston Terrier for a couple of months and was disappointed every time the rescue site told us he/she was already taken or no longer available. Ellie, our 12-year old Boston, is the best dog ever and she is getting older, we thought getting a another dog would not only keep her active but she could help train the little puppy to be just like her (hahaha). Early on a Saturday morning, my sister texted me a Facebook post from her dog training group , with a 4.5 month old Boston that needed a new home, I immediately sent the girl a note…we chatted on the phone and she picked us!!
Abbey came to us with some medical issues, she was recovering from a broken leg, she had giardia and a sensitive stomach which she threw up constantly, despite all the challenges, I fell in love with her immediately. She sealed the deal the next day when she was the perfect winery puppy.
There isn’t a day when this amazing puppy doesn’t make me smile. Abbey – I am so happy you came into our lives. You are goofy, and playful and like the energizer bunny you keep going and going and going. I think Ellie is starting to even like you a little. Happy 1st Gotcha Day! Enjoy your Pumpkin Applesauce Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Frosting (unsweetened of course).
Pumpkin “Pupcakes” Dog Treats
- mini cupcake pan
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 each ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream optional
- mix all of the ingredients except the heavy whipping cream until blended
- fill batter into a greased mini cupcake tin
- bake at 350 10-15 minutesuntil toothpick comes cleans
- when done – let cool on wire rack
- for frosting – whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form (I piped the frosting on top – and added a coule dog treats)