Tonight, we are having dinner with our friends Bobbii and Steve across the street. As you frequent my blog, you will hear of them often, we usually get together once a week for dinner, drinks and relaxation! I volunteered to bring the main course, and took the opportunity to utilize their Traeger smoker and make a Cedar Plank Wild Salmon with a Mango Salsa. A salmon on the smoker is amazingly easy and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or an elegant dinner party. I soaked the cedar planks all day ensure the salmon picked up all the flavors from the cedar. I opted not to season the salmon since I was making a Mango Salsa topping, just a little olive oil and lemon.
For instructions on how to smoke your salmon visit Traeger.com.
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- ½ - 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, stems removed and finely chopped
- juice from 3-4 limes
- Combine all ingredients, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.