I have a garden full of green peppers and I’m honestly not sure what to do with them. I was thinking of stuffed green peppers! Bill loves Philly Cheesesteak with Green Peppers, so I thought I would attempt to stuff my peppers Philly Style!
The peppers were not very big, which posed a slight problem, they didn’t hold a ton of the good stuff! I loved having a Philly Cheesesteak without the extra calories of bread. Great alternative! The cook time is a tough one for a weeknight. At around 60 minutes it’s great for the weekend!
- 3 large green peppers (I used about 5 small)
- 12 oz thinly sliced roast beef
- 6-8 slices of Provolone Cheese
- 1 medium onion - sliced
- 2 tbl unsalted butter
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- Salt and Pepper as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and ribs. Set aside.
- Saute onions, butter, olive oil, garlic over medium heat (add salt and pepper if desired). Saute until onions are caramelized (20-25 minutes).
- While onions are cooking, slice roast beef into thin strips. Add to onion mixture when caramelized. Cook for 5 min.
- Overstuff each of the pepper halves with the meat mixture and top with a slice of provolone cheese (add extra if you want..I did!)
- Bake for 15-20 min until cheese is golden brown.