I have always loved Brussels Sprouts. They must totally be the trendy new veggie on the market….seems like everything you read or see, out with Kale and in with Brussels Sprouts. They are every where. Last week in Napa, I made sure I tried the Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad at the awesome Bottega (yum).
I have been trying to make Brussels Sprouts, like the kind I have a restaurant, with little luck. I want them cooked right, lots of flavor and the little crispy pieces. Pretty sure this is my fourth attempt, I really want these to be good. I sliced them in half and then peeled the leaves off a dozen or so (I wanted crispy little pieces – my favorite).
I coated them with a little olive oil and balsamic balsamic glaze ( I didn’t try and make my own…just used store bought). Added 2 oz of cubed pancetta and a couple tablespoons of Asiago (I used one with rosemary and olive oil).
Laid it out on a cookie sheet and baked at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- 2-3 cups Brussels Sprouts. I bought pre-bagged pre washed.
- 1-2 tsp of balsamic glaze
- 2-3 tblsp oilve oil
- 2 oz of pancetta (cubed)
- 1-2 tblsp grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Wash and slice Brussels Sprouts, legthwise.
- Mix Brussels Sprouts, olive oli, balsamic glaze, pancetta and 1 tblsp of Asiago.
- Spread sprouts single layer on a cookie sheets and bake 40 minutes.
Found my new recipe….now I wish I was home the next two days to eat the leftovers.