All right, Sunday morning blogs are for the birds. I just finished this post and hit “move to trash”….yes deleted it. This, after I downloaded all the photos, and nothing is in focus….seriously considering going back to bed, if only the Christmas Tree could put itself up. Now on to recreating my thoughts this morning!
I make eggs every Saturday and waffles or pancakes every Sunday. Yesterday morning, I shook it up and made pancakes (on a Saturday!), so I am confident today would be eggs (yes that is the extent of my breakfast creativity). I’m laying in bed this morning, thinking about food and looking for inspiration. 6:30am inspiration has to include on hand ingredients and be quick so my family doesn’t starve waiting for breakfast.
I remember the last tube of refrigerated pizza dough left over from my Harvest Cornucopia last week, is still sitting in the fridge along with Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage. I am totally going to make a breakfast pizza. I love pizza (and often blog about it) and can not believe I have never made one.
I preheat the oven to 400 degrees and heat my pizza stone. While heating, I cook up the sausage, remove from pan and drain. I remove the pizza pan from the oven and put the rolled pizza dough on it, place back in oven and cook for about 10 minutes (remove right before it starts to get brown).
While the crust is baking, cook the eggs until they are almost done (do not over cook, they will finish in the oven).
Remove the crust, top with sausage, eggs, veggies and cheese. Place back in oven and bake another 15 minutes or until done.
Easy, awesome and a great way to mix up the morning!
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
- ½ package Jimmy Dean's Breakfast Sausage (I used hot)
- ½ red bell pepper - diced
- ¼ yellow onion - diced
- ¼ Roma tomato - diced
- 6 eggs - beaten
- ½ - 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook sausage per directions on package, drain, set aside.
- Place rolled pizza crust onto a greased pizza pan - bake 10 minutes
- While baking - cook eggs until almost done, 3-5 minutes (I used same pan as sausage)
- Remove pizza dough, top with cooked sausage, eggs, veggies and cheese
- Bake in oven another 15 minutes