After I long break, I am committed to blogging again. The last 6 months, we survived Sports Authority bankruptcy, changing jobs, moving to Cleveland, Marsha breaking her neck and having to be placed in a skilled care facility and my mom passing away.
Hanging out last Saturday, flipping through channels, I came across an episode of Brunch at Bobby’s. How did I not know this show existed? He was using one of my favorite ingredients, bacon to make a Cheesy Bacon Twist with puff pastry.
Next morning, I tried to find the recipe with no luck, so I decided to recreate it from memory (which could be a disaster). Turned out great. My husband says must make again. Perfect warm or at room temp and great to reheat.
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby and Spicy Jack)
- 12 slices of bacon
- Roll out each sheet of puff pastry to desired thickness (about ¼" thick)
- Brush one sheet with beaten egg
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top
- Cover cheese with second pastry sheet
- Gently roll top sheet to secure sheets and cheese together
- Slice pastry into strips the width of bacon
- Set one slice of bacon on top of strip of pastry and carefully twist.
- Place twist on parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- Bake 350 for about 20 min or until golden brown.